2023 SIERRA HEAVY DUTY
2500 & 3500 HEAVY DUTY PICKUP TRUCKS
MAX TOWING AT 16,329 KG (36,000 LBS.)
AVAILABLE WORLD'S FIRST SIX-FUNCTION
FIRST HD IN ITS CLASS WITH AVAILABLE
ALLISION 10-SPEED TRANSMISSION
FIRST HD IN ITS CLASS WITH AVAILABLE
HEAD-UP DISPLAY & REAR CAMERA MIRROR
Engineered to be large and in charge, the monstrous exterior of the Sierra Heavy Duty was built big so you can tow big.
HEAVY DUTY HIGHLIGHTS
- All Sierra Heavy Duty models are equipped with trailering mirrors
- Sierra HD offers available trailering mirrors that power fold and manually extend and retract, LED rear guidance lamps that help enhance visibility when backing up with a trailer, lower convex mirrors, as well as amber auxiliary clearance lamps.
- Available power-adjustable trailering mirrors power extend, fold and retract at your convenience.
- Other features include: Heated and auto-dimming upper glass (driver and passenger); LED turn-signal indicators/clearance lamps; LED perimeter lighting; LED forward auxiliary task lighting
SIDE BED STEP
The standard Side Bed Step conveniently located just in front of the rear wheel arches complements the large CornerStep rear bumper to help provide easy access when grabbing equipment from the cargo bed.
DUAL-PATH AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
The available 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel engine includes the Dual Path Air Induction System, which draws dense, cool air through both the hood scoop and the large front grille to provide cooler induction air temperatures to maximize horsepower and help optimize trailering performance.
- LED headlamps (high-intensity on SLT, AT4 and Denali)
- LED taillamps
- LED daytime running lamps
- Available LED fog lamps (available on SLE/standard on SLT, AT4 and Denali)
- Available LED cargo bed lighting (available on SLE/standard on SLT, AT4 and Denali)
- Wheel molding amber arch lamps over each wheel
- Available Roof Marker Lamps
PREMIUM DENALI FEATURES
DENALI BLACK DIAMOND EDITION
- Power sunrooer
- Power-retractable assist steps with LED perimeter lighting
- 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 with Allison®† 10-speed automatic transmission
- Auxiliary Trailer Camera†
- MultiProTM Audio System by Kicker®†
- Premium all-weather floor liners with removable carpet inserts
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors†
- Unique 20" high-gloss black painted aluminum wheels
- Ebony Twilight Metallic exterior paint†
- Available with 2500 and 3500 single rear wheel
CARGO BED INNOVATIONS
AVAILABLE GMC MULTIPRO TAILGATE
The GMC MultiProTM Tailgate offers six distinct functions designed to help improve loading, unloading and accessing the cargo box (standard on SLE, SLT, AT4 and Denali trims).
BEST-IN-CLASS HEAVY DUTY CARGO BED VOLUME
- Roll-formed high-strength steel bed floor
- Best-in-class† heavy-duty cargo box volume
- Standard Bed: 1970 L (69.6 cu. ft.)†
- Long Bed: 2364 L (83.5 cu. ft.)†
- 12 cargo tie-downs 227 KG (500 LB.) rating per corner
- Available LED Lighting
- Available durable spray-on bedliner
CORNERSTEP REAR BUMPER
In both corners of the rear bumper, large footwells, lined with an anti-slip texture and sized for large boots, help make access to the cargo bed easier than ever. Standard on all Heavy Duty models.
INTERIOR WITH INTENTION
Sierra Heavy Duty's refined and expansive cabin offers advanced, thoughtfully placed technology to help ensure your ride is smooth and smart.
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available heated and ventilated leather-appointed front seats
- Available HVAC system with dual-zone climate control and rear-seat outlets
- Sierra HD's elevated driver seat lets you survey the road with absolute confidence and offers comfortable cushions that provide enhanced support during long hauls and while towing
- Spacious interior features best-in-class; Crew Cab front head room (1092 mm [43.0"]) and leg room (1130 mm [44.5"] )
PREMIUM REAR SEAT COMFORT
Backseat passengers are sure to be comfortable with the available heated rear outboard seats and spacious rear leg room on Crew Cab models.
SMART REAR STORAGE
- Convenient and spacious storage solutions include available rear seatback storage, perfect for stowing a smartphone and your other road trip essentials.
- Sierra HD Crew Cab models have ample storage options to pack the stuff you need, with features like rear-folding split bench with under-seat storage.
- Lighted center console storage with available lockable console vault accessory, and large lower lockable glove box and upper glove box.
AVAILABLE WIRELESS CHARGING
When on the road in the Sierra Heavy Duty, it's OK to to leave the cords at home. The available wireless charging pad, located within easy reach near the cup holders, has excellent charging abilities and keeps your compatible smartphone charged and ready.
AVAILABLE BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
The available Bose Premium Sound System supplies seven well-placed speakers to produce powerful, high-quality concert-like sound wherever you go.
ADVANCED ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS
The 2023 Sierra Heavy Duty truck features advanced engines and transmissions that power a confident driving and trailering experience:
- 6.6L V8 Gas Engine
- Available 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
AT4 & DENALI'S HEAVY DUTY CAPABILITY
- AT4 & Denali's independent front suspensions provide excellent wheel alignment, ride comfort and turnability
- Live-axle suspension includes two-stage, semi elliptic multi-leaf rear springs to balance payload management and ride quality.
OPTIMAL ENGINE PERFORMANCE
To help maintain optimal operating temperatures of the available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel V8 engine, a massive 28" variable-speed cooling fan is used. Dense, cool air from the Dual Path Air Induction System is drawn through both the hood scoop and the large grille to maximize horsepower and help optimize trailering performance. The factory-installed Diesel After-Run feature is designed to help cool down the engine following heavy usage.
To help with positioning, after backing up to a trailer hitch using available Hitch Guidance with Hitch View, Sierra Heavy Duty will automatically apply the electric parking brake upon shifting into park to avoid unintentional rolling.
Prevents movement when shifting out of park on a hill and moving a foot from brake to accelerator pedal by automatically applying brakes at each wheel for an extended period of time while trailering.
Eases driver's steering effort when maneuvering at low speeds, reduces the steering effort needed to return the heavy-duty truck to center, and adapts to crowned road surfaces, reducing the need to correct steering over long stretches of uneven road. It includes enhancements to help with driving response, especially when trailering or when carrying a heavy load.
Sierra is the first heavy-duty truck in its class to offer a 2-speed AutoTrac transfer case with an active automatic 4wd setting, which provides seamless shifting between two- and four-wheel drive based on road conditions.
Allows you to quickly switch between multiple traction configurations, including Off-Road mode and Tow/Haul mode, to optimize powertrain calibrations, traction control settings and stability control system calibrations for a variety of terrain and driving conditions
The system will retain the Tow/Haul setting configurations for up to 4 hours after the vehicle is turned off, eliminating the need to reengage the system when returning from a brief stop on a long journey.
X31 OFF ROAD PACKAGE
- Off-road suspension
- Twin-Tube Rancho shocks
- Eaton automatic locking rear differential
- Underbody skid plates
GOOSENECK/5TH WHEEL HITCH PACKAGE
- Hitch platform to accept gooseneck or fifth-wheel hitch
- Hitch platform with try to accept ball and stamped with bed holes with removable caps installed
- Bed-mounted 7 -pin trailer harness
- Available Bed View Camera
INNOVATION AT ITS FINEST
Technology that delivers a premium driving experience with advanced connectivity and convenience in this Heavy Duty truck.
Technology that delivers a premium driving experience with advanced connectivity and convenience in this Heavy Duty truck.
Easily keep tabs on your truck and trailer with up to 15 different available camera views including HD Surround Vision, Rear Camera Mirror and Bed View Camera.
AVAILABLE REAR CAMERA MIRROR
The available Rear Camera Mirror uses a camera to provide you a wide and less obstructed view behind the vehicle while you're driving. You can switch between the camera view and a traditional rearview mirror.
AVAILABLE FIRST-IN-CLASS 15" DIAGONAL HEAD-UP DISPLAY
An available multicolour 15" diagonal Head-Up Display (a first in the heavy-duty pickup class), help you keep your eyes on the road by projecting directly onto the windshield key information, such as:
- Available Navigation
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Cruise Control
- Low Fuel
- Off-road inclinometer that measures fore-and-aft tilt, front tire angle and left-and-right tilt
AVAILABLE HD SURROUND VISION
Available HD Surround Vision uses multiple cameras to display a digital overhead image of the area around your vehicle along with Rear Vision Camera or front views. It works at low speeds and may help you park and avoid nearby objects. You can select additional views on your camera display.
PROGRADE TRAILERING SYSTEM
The Sierra Heavy Duty pickup truck is engineered to enhance your trailering experience with the ProGrade Trailering System. This system of intelligent trailering technologies helps streamline the hitching and towing process with integrated tools that help you tow with commanding control.
AVAILABLE IN-VEHICLE TRAILERING APP
To help improve your trailering experience, Sierra Heavy Duty's available In-Vehicle Trailering App offers custom trailer profiles, trailering status including available tire pressure and temperature monitoring, and more. The app is integrated and accessible through Sierra's Infotainment System, with features including:
- Create 5 custom trailer profiles based on trailer name, trailer type, trailer hitch type
- The vehicle mobile app, myGMC mobile app adding convenience when outside the truck or trailer
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring system that measures pressure and temperature (requires available Trailer Pressure Monitor Sensors)
- Trailer Light Sequence, which includes automatic lighting test sequence
- Maintenance reminders
- Step-by-step pre-departure checklist
- Track trailer mileage and fuel economy.
MyGMC MOBILE APP TRAILERING FEATURES
myGMC mobile app Trailering Features include:
- Create and manage trailer profiles, even share with other Sierra owners
- Trailer Light Test: Remotely activate trailer lights to ensure in working order
- Pre-Departure Checklist: Review a pre-departure checklist, or create your own
- Load Calculator: Find out the combined weight of your truck and trailer for a confident towing experience
- Trailering Health: View and receive alert on key components of your trailer like tire pressure monitoring and trailer kilometers
- Glossary of Terms: Quick reference to trailering related materials
SMART TRAILER INTEGRATION
Sierra Heavy Duty is designed to integrate ASA Electronics iN-Command Control System with Global Connect and accessed through the myGMC mobile app. The system allows owners to monitor and control a range of smart systems, such as water tank levels, HVAC controls and even power slide-outs, in compatible recreational trailers equipped with the technology.
- Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and if the front of the trailer approaches the rear of the vehicle, an alert is displayed that you're in a potential jackknife situation
- A yellow warning alert will be displayed when truck/trailer angle is 75% into a jackknife scenario
- A red warning alert will be displayed when truck/trailer angle is 90% into a jackknife scenario (i.e., collision is imminent)
- Depending on a customer settings for alerts and Safety Alert Seat availability, there will be a chime or haptic alerts associated with warnings
- Provides a close-up view of the receiver hitch for proper alignment when connecting to a compatible trailer with a conventional hitch
- The parking brake is automatically set when the vehicle is shifted back into Park to help hold the alignment in place
- Uses an available customer-installed GM auxiliary accessory camera mounted on the rear of the compatible trailer to show vehicles or objects behind the trailer
- The view now includes guidelines to assist when backing the trailer into place and a trailer-angle indicator to show the relationship between the truck and trailer
- Provides a line of sight down either side of the truck. When a compatible trailer is connected, you'll see a split view of the left and right sides of the truck and trailer
- While driving forward or backward with a trailer, the view automatically biases based on the trailer's angle
- When enabled and driving forward with the turn signal activated, a Trailer Length Indicator displays a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer, showing when other vehicles are present and may interfere with your lane-change maneuver
MULTIPRO AUDIO SYSTEM BY KICKER
When you're camping or tailgating and want to bring your music outdoors - without leaving your Sierra truck running - the available accessory MultiPro Audio System by Kicker is designed to integrate into the MultiPro Tailgate. This 100-watt exterior audio system has full Bluetooth.
SiriusXM with 360L is the most advanced SiriusXM entertainment experience ever offered in a GM vehicle. You get a variety of premium content including over 140 channels including ad-free music, plus sports, performances, talk, entertainment, original programming, artist-dedicated channels and much more.
ADVANCED SAFETY AND DRIVER ASSISTANCE TECHNOLOGY
Safety or driver-assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important feature limitations and information.
The available Lane Departure Warning can alert you if you might be unintentionally drifting out of detected lane lines so you can quickly take action. It will not alert you if you're using your turn signal or it detects you may be intentionally leaving your lane.
Front and Rear Park Assist can provide distance alerts to nearby detected objects in front of or behind your vehicle to help you park and avoid collisions at low speeds.
The available Automatic Emergency Braking works with Forward Collision Alert to help you avoid or reduce the severity of a front-end collision with a detected vehicle you're following. This feature works at speeds below 80 km/h. Camera technology is used to automatically provide hard emergency braking or enhance the driver's hard braking.
The available Following Distance Indicator displays the gap time in seconds between your vehicle and a detected vehicle you're following. This can help you decide if you're following much too closely.
The available Forward Collision Alert can warn you if it detects a potential front-end collision with a vehicle you're following so you can quickly take action. It can also provide a tailgating alert if you're following a vehicle much too closely.
The available Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert can provide side-mirror visual alerts when a detected moving vehicle is quickly approaching or is in your side blind zone. It can help you avoid lane change collisions.
The available Rear Cross Traffic Alert can warn you of detected left or right cross traffic behind your vehicle when you're in Reverse.
The available Safety Alert Seat uses left, right, or both-side driver seat vibration pulses to help you identify the direction of potential crashes so you can quickly take action. You can also switch to beeping crash avoidance alerts.
When driving conditions are dark, available IntelliBeam - Auto High Beams can automatically turn the vehicle's high-beam headlamps on and off according to surrounding traffic conditions.
Teen Driver helps encourage safe driving habits for new drivers. It automatically activates certain available safety system and allows parents to set limits on other features. There is even an in-vehicle report card that parents can access to help with coaching their teen driver.