WorkSafe BC COVID-19 Safety Plan - Return To Work
The Dueck Auto Group is working closely with WorkSafe BC, Public Health, the Vehicle Sales Authority and the New Car Dealers Association of BC to ensure our operations remain healthy and safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. We are taking all necessary precautions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
In order to reduce the possible risks to our employees and customers we have implemented a number of internal protocols:
- Daily recorded temperature checks for every employee
- Mandatory masks in all common areas and meeting rooms (with more than four people)
- All guests must sign into reception upon arriving for contact tracing
- Virtual meetings
- Including work-from-home arrangements
- Rescheduling work of tasks reorganizing employee work spaces and schedules
- Limiting the number of employees and visitors in the workplace
We are encouraging our customers to primary schedule by-appointment meetings and vehicle service times wherever possible. We have installed physical distancing signage and physical barriers to ensure social distancing between customers and workers.
Occupancy Requirements: WorkSafe BC states that based on the size and layout of our facility, our legal maximum occupancy rates are as follows:
- The recommended maximum occupancy for our Dueck on Marine Showroom is 200 people.
- The recommended maximum occupancy for our Dueck on Marine Service level is 200 people.
- The recommended maximum occupancy for our Dueck Downtown facility is 300 people.
- The recommended maximum occupancy for our Deuck Downtown facility is 375 people.
However, please note that we are taking even further actions to ensure customer safety by not allowing more than 50 people on the showroom floor, and no more than 20 people in our customer waiting areas at any given time.
Dueck has implemented extensive cleaning protocols at all our facilities, and are working closely with our operational partners to ensure all products used are Health Canada approved, heavy duty antibacterials. We are Proud and Certified Participant in the National General Motors Clean Dealership Program. There are numerous hand sanitizing and disinfectant wipes stations located throughout the facility.
In our Service Department, we have implemented additional procedures to ensure both our employees and our customers are protected. It is our policy to sanitize vehicle touch paints and use steering wheel and seat covers upon entry to our service department, key sanitation, and a repeat of these procedures when returning the vehicle to our customer.
As always, we encourage everyone to follow the recommended behaviours from our BC Health and Authority at all times:
- Wash your hands often using soap and warm water, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Be alert for respiratory systems- if you feel sick, please contact your physician.
To ensure that we keep all our customers and employees safe and healthy we must refuse entry to:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headaches.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
All the Staff and Management of Dueck Auto Group appreciate your patronage during this unprecedented time. We want to thank you for your business and would be pleased to answer any further questions you have about our COVID-19 Response Plan.